The Wisdom Keepers is the Gerontology club that was formed by gerontology students to address the needs and concerns of fellow students. At our core, we are about successful aging and enabling an environment for support.
We are passionate about aging!
SERVICES WE PROVIDE:
- Scholarship assistance for ARC gerontology students and alumni
- Tutoring fellow students in gerontology classes
- Networking with other gerontology students
- On-line forum for sharing information about gerontology current events, upcoming courses and jobs via Geroboard
- Alumni support
- Support educational conferences and events in our community
The core values of the Wisdom Keepers are the foundation on which we perform our work, conduct ourselves and interact with each other. They are the basic elements of how we go about our work. They are the practices we use every day, in order to support successful aging and create supportive environments.
Address the needs and concerns of gerontology students by peer mentoring, tutoring, providing timely relevant information and referrals, providing scholarships and cosponsoring educational conferences and events.
- COMMUNICATION: Support a collaborative environment without competition, by communicating in a respectful manner.
- FRIENDSHIP: Encourage positive relationships based on respect, understanding & acceptance.
- DIVERSITY: Respect others with different experiences and points of view, knowing we can learn from each other.
- MENTORING: Enhance the academic experience for fellow students, by supporting their educational goals.
- SERVICE TO OTHERS: Support older adults in our community, by volunteering at educational conferences and events.
The Wisdom Keeper's club meetings open to ALL students!
Please contact Karla Gustafson with any questions or for more information:
Karla Gustafson, ARC Gerontology Faculty Advisor