The ARC Advantage (June 12 - July 22)
About ARC Advantage at American River College
ARC Advantage is a program that better prepares students entering college for the first time or re-entering after an extended absence.
The program combines college orientation, study skills instruction, English and math review, and hands-on computer skills. Participants in ARC Advantage have the opportunity to interact with other students, as well as caring and experienced ARC faculty and staff. Participants are also eligible to retake the ARC placement tests and potentially improve placement and meet a prerequisite, as well as gain confidence about college.
Summer Advantage applications are now open! Registration is limited - apply today.
Why attend ARC Advantage?
Advantage is challenging, rewarding and fun! Students who attend the program are better prepared to meet the academic and social demands of their first year at ARC.
Advantage students save money and time:
- Potentially take fewer classes;
- Get an opportunity to retake the ARC placement tests and improve scores;
- Receive two college units upon completion of the ARC Advantage.
Advantage helps students:
- Improve reading, writing, math, and critical thinking skills;
- Learn how to become successful college students;
- Build a support network with students, faculty and staff;
- Become familiar with campus life and resources;
- Receive one-on-one academic support with registration.
Who should participate in ARC Advantage?
Students who are entering college for the first time and/or re-entering after an extended absence who placed into math and English courses at or below the 100-level are eligible to apply. Enrollment is limited.
What is the cost of ARC Advantage?
The Advantage program will cost approximately $100 [registration, materials and parking] or free registration for fee waiver (BOG) eligible students. (See Financial Aid for BOG information). Note: additional cost for parking and materials may be required.
See a counselor today for more information.